The Black Collegian Magazine Second Semester 2001
- The Editor’s Perspective
By Robert Miller
The Top 100 Employers • • •
- Top Employers by Major
Download Time – 1 minute
Job Search Strategies • • •
- In a Slowing Economy, Job Opportunities Still Abound for 2001 Graduates
By Dr. Philip Gardner
- On-Site Interview Success:
The Question Now is, What Separates the Good from the Excellent?
By Walter Vertreace
- How to Evaluate a Job Offer
By Chris Bardwell
- When Job Hunting, What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
By Pamela M. McBride
- Making the Transition from College to the Workplace
By Chris Bardwell
- Dress for Success
By Portia Ballard Espy
Career Reports • • •
- It is an Exciting Time for Accounting Majors
By Darrell K.B. Giles, C.P.A.
- Opportunities and Challenges Await Computer Science Graduates
By Herman D. Hughes, Ph.D.
- New Teachers for a New Millennium
By Wayne D. Jones
- Directory of Teaching Opportunities 2001 – 2nd Semester
- Teaching Opportunities Index 2001 – 2nd Semester
- Honor, Confidence and Commitment Symbolize Military Officers
By Charles E. Boyd
- Rear Admiral Evelyn Fields, NOAA Corps, Rises to a Prestigious Military Level
Prelude to Our 30th Anniversary • • •
- Tom Joyner
Host, The Tom Joyner Morning Radio Show
- Marian Wright Edelman
President, Children’s Defense Fund
- Nat LaCour
Executive Vice President, American Federation of Teachers
- Jeffery B. Cullers
President, Vince Cullers Advertising, Inc.
- Eddie N. Williams
President, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- African-American Teacher Recruitment: an Urgent Issue
- Dr. Eddie L. Davis
Bureau Chief, Connecticut State Deprtment of Education
- Segun Eubanks
Senior Professional Associate, National Education Association
- Dr. Lee Jones
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Florida State Unviersity
- Reflections on Success
- Christopher J. Williams
CEO, The Williams Capital Group. L.P.
- Tracy Lawrence
Senior V.P. & General Manager, Fox Family Channels
- Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.
U.S. House of Representatives, (D-IL)
- Mellody Hobson
President, Ariel Capital Management, Inc.
African-American History • • •
- The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Three Decades Later: How Fares the Dream?
By Russell L. Adams, Ph.D.
- African-American History 101 – Second Semester 2001
Departments • • •
- Campus Advisor
Understanding Relationships – A Lesson in Endurance
By Linda Bates Parker
- Art of the African World – Students Artists Showcase Their Creativity Inherited from the Past
By Michael Marcelin
- New Books by African-American Authors
By Corinne Nelson